Sunday, September 28, 2008

MxPx




So I had a decision to make this weekend. One concert. MxPx Friday night or The Big Ass Show pretty much all day Saturday? I decided on MxPx. I'm so glad I did! It was amazing! I asked Lane to go with me so I didn't have to rock out alone. He's a pretty big fan as well so he was happy to come along.

So we get there and a band named Tat was on. We took a spot near the bar where we could lean up against it. I wanted to get closer but I didn't want to get chucked into the mosh pit and get hit. My only past experience with a pit was during AFI. My good friend Kacy and I emerged from it covered in someone else's blood. Ewww.

Sound check starts for MxPx and I'm excited! We were standing sort of new the entrance area and I figured this was how they were going to come in. Lights go down and I'm watching between the stage and the entrance. They've got to be here somewhere. Then I see Yuri walk past us... arms length away. Then here comes Tom and Mike right behind him. I couldn't wait for them to get up there! By this time too many people started walking in front of us so I saw a gap in the crowd. I looked at Lane and said "I'm going up there!" I was two people away from the pit.. too close but it was ok.

The show was so good! They played a bunch of older songs and only one off the new album. I had such a good time. Then the were finishing and said they were gonna be back by the merch tables after their set. YAY! I might actually get to meet them!

They finish and Lane says "if you wanna get a chance you better get back there quick." So I nearly ran. :) I was standing there in the crowd and Yuri, again, walks past me. People started moving around and so there I was. Standing right next to Mike. No one else was talking to him so I just said Hi! I felt like a 12 year old at *NSYNC! He turned towards me and said hello. I asked him, trying not to look like an idiot, "can you sign these?" I handed him the tickets. He signed them and was fanning them so the signature would dry. Then I said "and the back of my shirt?" I happened to be wearing a Legionnaire shirt. It's a clothing line that he and Joe Moxley make. Love there stuff! I thought I had turned around for him to sign the back but I later found out from Lane that he had grabbed my arm to turn me around. :)


Mike Herrera. Holy Hot.

After that we made our way back to where we were standing to finish watching Lagwagon.


We left the show and headed home.


I had an amazing night and DEFINITELY made the right choice of which show to attend!

A pic I took. I have tons!


Tom Wisniewski, Mike Herrera, & Yuri Ruley

No comments: