Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Hawaii trip I'm glad I missed

Two days in a row?! Has Hell frozen over? No. I'm just bored at home.

My mom took my two younger brothers to Hawaii a few weekends ago. They had fun while they were there but had one heck of a time getting home. My mom works for Skywest so they were flying standby. Getting there was a breeze. Coming home... not so much. There was 12 seats available when they left for the airport. When they got there all the seats had been taken. So they are sitting in the airport trying to figure out how to get home when the ticket lady said she had one first class seat available. Ok, who goes home? Wes said he didn't care if he stayed, he had the next day off work. Wes also thought that if he didn't take it they would all wait to go home together. Not the case. Bry took it. While he's walking down the terminal they called him back. Someone had booked the ticket within those few minutes. Now what? Wes and Bry took of down the airport to go explore. Ticket lady again says I have one coach ticket but they need to get on NOW. My mom takes off yelling to get back so one can come home. Bry grabs the ticket and boards. Now at this point in the story I was passed out asleep at home. I get a call from my mom, not knowing what time it is, I answer. She starts telling me all about what's going on yada yada... then the conversation is as follows: me- "so Bry is on a plane?" mom- "yes, he just got on." me- "Oh ok that's good." mom- "yeah he'll be home around 8 am." me- "wait! so do I need to go pick him up?" mom- "yes if you could." me- "why the hell didn't you start off by saying I needed to pick him up?! what time is it?" mom- "it's 2 AM in Utah." me- "oh my hell... ok I'll pick Bry up at 8 am. Does he know I'm picking him up?" mom- "yes, I told him you'd be there." me- "ok, I'm going back to bed now... have fun being stuck in Hawaii." Who calls someone at 2 AM and doesn't start the convo off with I need you to pick up your brother at the airport?! Anyhow, I pick Bry up. He's a sunburned critter. My mom and Wes finally got on a flight to LA at about 9 the next morning then flew into SLC. Long trip...


Here are a few pics from their trip. I just saw these last night on my mom's phone. She said Wes wouldn't actually smile in any pictures. He would only make this face. Strange child.


2 comments:

Just me n Hay said...

That would be pretty stressful. Did your mom leave Wes there because of his weird face? I would have. :0)

Whit said...

lol... sadly she figured she'd better bring him home too..