Saturday, September 20, 2008

Twilight.

So, a bunch of my friends have read these books. One (Age) actually read them years ago when there was only the two out and she had to wait for three and four. I remember her telling me about them and asked to read them when she was done. Time went by and I thought nothing of them. Then the fourth book was released in August of this year. I started hearing all the hoopla that went along with it. I asked Age "Are these the books you had told me about?" Indeed they were.

This is where I started thinking... I don't want to get stuck with a whole bunch of books to read right now. I will wait for the movie, which comes out Nov. 21, and I'll go with them all to that but I'm not gonna mess with the books. I knew that if I did I wouldn't be able to put it down and I'd end up stuck in a corner reading all day and all night.

This is where it gets fun. There are two girls (friends of my brother) living in my mother's basement. One of them happened to have the first book, Twilight, laying around the house. I looked at it and thought "just maybe... No... Don't do it! Walk away!" so I did. The book seemed to be following me around the house. Like it knew that if it bothered me long enough I'd have to give in. It was in the front room, the kitchen, the stairs and finally next to the computer. I'm pretty much the only on that ever uses the computer here. So when it ended up next to me while I filled out some survey on Myspace I knew I had to just look. I read the prologue. Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have. I ended up, like I said, in a corner on my bed reading. I got through the first few chapters and I knew I needed the rest.

So my mother and I run to lunch... Oh it was so hard to leave the book home! I wanted to keep reading! But she compromised and said we'd go by a book store on the way home... Thank you mom. So I walk in to Borders and there they are! Glorious wall full of all of them! I grabbed Twilight and started looking at the other books in the series. I thought "I don't want to have to come back here when I'm done... why not just get them all now?" So that's exactly what I did. I bought all four books in one outing. Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.

I got home and immediately started reading again. I finished Twilight that night. P.S. This is on a Monday that I started reading. Started a little of New Moon and decided I should get some sleep. so I'm reading a lot. and trying to be productive throughout the day so, I clean a little here and there. The entire time being pestered if I was Team Edward or Team Jacob. :) By the time I got to Eclipse I was freaking out! I'd cried hysterically, laughed out loud, and felt like I couldn't put the books down for anything! I finished Eclipse at 5:30 AM Saturday morning... I just couldn't stop!

Saturday night we (ACBC and friends) went to Harry O's because Jackie was in from Chicago. I was telling the girls how much I had read already and they were so happy I was on the band wagon. We made plans that if there is, which there will be, a midnight showing we're going!

Well less than a week later I finished all four books. AMAZING! I'm so glad I read them. I was never a huge fan of Vampires and what not. But now I am. If you've ever question reading the books you should do it now! I will shortly be going out to buy Stephanie Meyer's other book, The Host.

Go read them! do it now! :)

1 comment:

Just me n Hay said...

The Host is soo good!!! Check out her website, www.stepheniemeyer.com. She has been writing Twilight in Edwards perspective, it's called Midnight Sun. Someone leaked the rough draft so she might not finish it now, but there are over 200 pages that you can read from it. Love ya!!