Tuesday, November 9, 2010

kick kick kick

My goodness! Charlie was kicking so much last night! A few swift kicks and I thought she was gonna come busting out! LOL it kept me from sleeping but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

On Sunday Taylor and I decided to go have some fun. We went to IHOP to try out their banana bread french toast (for me) and pumpkin praline pancakes (for him.) Then we went and saw Due Date. I asked Taylor if he felt like going to do some baby registering, not thinking he'd say ok. He said sure so we headed to Babies R Us. He ended up having a lot of fun with that scanner gun. He was registering for all the "I <3 Daddy" stuff. It was so so cute! After we were done there we went to Burlington's Baby Depot to register there as well. I have only been in there briefly to get a body pillow and I refuse to go back there. It was entirely disappointing. The selection was limited, the staff was not friendly in the slightest, and registering was a pain. After we got there we had to wait for an employee to get us a scanner. While walking through BABY aisles I walked over a freaking razor blade! In the middle of the aisle! WTF?! I wasn't happy with the items they had at all. After we were done we called for assistance to give the scanner back and no one came so we just left. Thank goodness Brooke is also registered at Target because I don't go back there. :(

I will admit that most of the items at Babies R Us did seem pricier. But there were also a better quality. I liked the items Brooke got registered for at Target so I'm also going to register there. :)

Here's our registry if anyone care to take a gander :) http://www.toysrus.com/registry/link/index.jsp?overrideStore=TRUS&registryNumber=46171613

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad I am not the only one that loathes baby depot!!! lol. It was worth it to get a lot of the same things that I have seen at Babies R Us for about 20% less cost. But, with everything I had to deal with to get the crib... they for sure made me mad. But, they are the only place that has the Olivia Collection I want, and we got everything for the nursery for a lot cheaper than anywhere else. But man, I agree, their customer service SUCKS!!!
I am glad you are also registering at Target, because Babies R Us is WAY too expensive. :)

Whit said...

Yeah I did see all the cute Olivia stuff. :) The only reason I would have stayed there was if they had the bedding I really wanted in the first place, but it's online only so we did a different set at Babies R us. Maybe we went on a bad day or something but MAN! it was BAD!! Luckily we already have our travel set so family will want to buy the other big items :)