Monday, August 9, 2010

bed rest... bah!

Well Friday afternoon i was standing at work and had a strange sensation that i had started my period... weird. I went to the bathroom to find a lot of blood. i freaked and ran out to my boss and told him I was bleeding and had to leave! I had a few coworker friends that saw me starting to cry and rushed over to see what was going on. I told them I was bleeding and didn't know why. I threw one my phone and had her call Taylor to come get me. We were in the elevator going down and I got the rush again. I went to the bathroom while they went outside to wait for Taylor. I was hysterical when he got there. My friends told Taylor to DRIVE! and he did. We got to the ER and got checked in. It seemed like it took forever for a Nurse or Dr. to get there. Once the nurse came in they took some blood and started and IV of fluids. They had to get some urine without blood so I got a catheter as well... ugh. Then the nurse did a Doppler heart beat thing to see if we could get a heart beat. She warned us that there have been many times that she wasn't able to get a heart beat with the Doppler so not to panic. Well the second she put it on me we got the heart beat. Taylor and I started bawling. Expecting the complete worse it was such a relief to hear the heart beat. She warned us again that this didn't mean everything was ok. We understood but were just so happy to hear the heart nothing else mattered. Then they wheel chaired me to get the ultrasound. Everything with the baby looked ok. Little was swimming and had gotten a lot bigger then we had last seen! it was crazy how much more developed it was. The nurse did a bunch of clicking and typing on the computer then we were wheeled back to our room and waited for the Dr. He came in and informed us that the baby was ok. That i had a subchorianic hemorrhage. This means the placenta had separated slightly from the uterine wall and caused the bleeding. I had a chance that I could carry full term and not have anymore problems or I could miscarry. I was placed on bed rest until I see my Dr. and told to only get up to go to the bathroom or to eat. Taylor seems to have forgotten the eating part... he won't let me out of bed for anything! So here I sit on Monday, bored out of my mind. You think before being placed on bed rest that being told to stay in bed would be great! not when you're forced to stay there... not so much fun. I have an appointment Tomorrow with my Dr. and then next Tuesday with a high risk doctor. For now we hope and pray that everything is ok and we will carry full term without any problems.

I have some amazing friends who truly care about me. I've had an overwhelming amount of texts each day making sure we are ok. Brooke came and babysat me on Saturday, bringing some Cherry Garcia while Taylor ran an errand. Jaime came and babysat me as well on Sunday also bringing Cherry Garcia! I could NEVER have too much Cherry Garcia in my freezer. Just the fact of opening the freezer (when Taylor would let me get up) and seeing 2 in there made me so happy! :) It was so nice to have some company for a little bit. Taylor's mom, Ann and sister, Jessica brought us dinner last night. These 2 should have a cooking show. Their food is so good! Thank you all ladies for making this a little easier!!!

4 comments:

Julie Lynn said...

So scary, Whit! Glad the baby is okay and I hope everything fixes itself so you can get off bedrest soon. Love ya!

kathy said...

You don't know me, but I'm Julie Schoenfeld Jones' mom-in-law, and I link to your blog through hers. I hope that doesn't freak you out. Anyway, I just want to say "good luck" and let you know that it's VERY possible to have a happy outcome. One of my daughter-in-laws has had this condition twice, and although there was lots of bed rest, bleeding episodes, trips to the hospital, and scary stuff, she made it to 37 weeks with one and 36 with the other, and both were healthy. Bed rest sucks, but DO IT! Wishing you the best!

Brooke said...

Love you Whit!!! I am so glad that you and the baby are ok and I am thinking about you all the time. I hope my constant checking up on you doesn't start to get too annoying. lol. I am glad you like the Cherry Garcia! :) I had fun babysitting you. It was a good night. Did you read all the magazines I brought yet?

Whit said...

Thank you ladies for the well wishes!

Kathy- you're more than welcome to read my blog :) I appreciate the info!

Brookie- I got through all but 1 :) and I love your texts asking how I am. Its nice knowing your loved.

Love you guys!