Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dr. Appointment

Well we had an appointment yesterday and we were really hoping to find out the gender. Well we didn't. The little shits legs were too close together to tell.

The ultra sound tech said that we were measuring weirdly and that I still had the bleed. She took our ultrasounds to a doctor for more info. After we waiting 2 hours!!!!! the Dr. came in and first thing he says is "the Placenta looks weird." oh ok... He said the baby is measuring smaller than he would like, but not by much. My placenta looks weird and it's not working as well as it should they said it could be due to the bleed and separation I had earlier but we just have to watch it for now. They checked the blood flow to the baby and that was good. Also the heartbeat was good. Right now there isn't a whole lot they can do. We just have to hope and pray that we go full term or at least as close as possible to where the baby can survive outside of me. He mentioned that there was still a chance that if the placenta doesn't work right, I could lose the baby. That's devastating at this point to even hear that, let alone think about it. Taylor asked with these troubles we are having what the odds were of it happening again. The Dr. said its like getting hit by lightening. VERY rare that it would happen again.

So for now I just sit and hope that all goes well. Now every little pain I feel makes me panic. I don't like living in fear... but if it keeps my baby with me I will fear each second.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thats exactly what happened when I was pregnant with my first baby too. Every Dr.'s appointment was so scary and they never had good news for me. But everything was fine and he is 5 years old now. I am so sorry you are going through this I know how scary it is. I am praying for you and love ya very much!

Brooke said...

You and baby Bylund are fighters! I know that you will both be ok in the end. You are in my prayers! Love you!