Sunday, January 4, 2009

1/5/09

So I start a new job tomorrow. Am I nervous? Yes! I'm making myself sick thinking about it. :(

I did pretty much the same job for another bank for almost 3 years. I know what I'm getting in to. I know the systems, I know the work that is needed. But I can't help but worry. New people. New atmosphere. This is the perfect time to reinvent myself around people I don't know. I can present what ever image I want because no one (unless someone I know works there that I'm not aware of) will know me.

Lane and I went shopping yesterday to find some new clothes for me. I haven't had to do the whole business attire for almost a year and since I've been losing weight nothing I own really fits anymore. I know that should be a good thing, things not fitting, but I have some cute pants that if I don't wear a belt, will literally fall off now! I hadn't realized it till the other night I was getting ready for bed... I took some jeans off only to realize that I hadn't undone the zipper. There wasn't a struggle or anything... weird, but good. Anyhow back to the shopping. I don't regularly shop at the mall... things are usually way to pricey for me. Lane and I had discovered that JCPenney's has some pretty cute stuff for dang cheap! I ended up getting 2 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 4 sweater and a pair of cute brown heels (not from JCPenney's but still on sale) and I only spent $140. I found this to be amazing!

I feel a little bit more prepared for this job. I want to make a great impression! Management... here I come :)

5 comments:

The Deviny's said...

Isn't it great when you need a belt with your pants! I was experiencing that before this little peanut made my stomach it's home! Now I have to use an elastic band to do up my pants! We all need to do dinner soon! Good luck with your new job! I know you'll do grrreeeaattt!

SJ said...

I usually don't shop at JC Penney's, but I went there several times during Christmas and found some great deals. Bought a pair of hooker boots for $30.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new job! I know exactly the feeling you are having. I recently came back to the exact job I had three years ago and still felt nervous the night before. And great job on the shopping!!!

Whit said...

Awww... thanks all! First day was awesome! But to top it off I can wear jeans every day ! Glad I got more shirts than pants :)

jillian said...

Congrats! on the job! I'm glad to hear you like it too, even better!