Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rodeo

How do you say goodbye to a week of fun?
One tear, is all it took as the trailer pulled away.

I met an amazing person on Sunday afternoon at the E Center. I was there to watch slack and he was there helping his father set up their "camp." He walked over to say "hi" and I couldn't be any happier that he did.

Tuesday night I began to see just how popular he really was. Girls were screaming from the stands and he had a pretty good fan following everywhere he went. Had I seen all this before I never would have been able to meet him. I would have been way too intimidated to even wave.

I couldn't help but smile and giggle just a bit every time he came out on the dirt and heard the girls and the crowd getting loud. I watched in awe every night... "how does he do that?!" I kept questioning.

Thursday night I was watching my friend Kiera's little girl. She had a blast at the rodeo! I took her home so I could come back and hang out. I will never forget the glares from the other girls and I walked into the hospitality room and he walked over to me to talk. If looks could kill... Wow. :) We talked outside while hanging out in the dang spiky weed things. I still continue to find them embedded into my clothing and room.

Every night of the Rodeo got better and better. I don't remember ever having as much fun!

I said goodbye last night as he finished packing up the gear. I handed over my knuckles as a "goodbye/remember me" present.

7 days passed. 7 days I won't be forgetting.


No comments: